Friends of Spital Cemetery is a voluntary group dedicated to the preservation, conservation and restoration of this fine Victorian Garden Cemetery for the public benefit, and to explore how it can best serve the local community to ensure it remains for future generations to enjoy and appreciate.
Our activities include:
- researching the stories of the people buried there
- organising a programme of walks and talks and producing trail leaflets and information boards to increase public awareness of the historical significance of Spital Cemetery
- looking after the monuments which give the graveyard its unique character
- promoting the cemetery as a peaceful refuge for people and as a haven for wildlife
- raising funds to make it possible for us to continue this work.
Historic England has listed buildings in the cemetery for their special architectural or historic interest:
The group welcomes new members. If you are interested in joining, please email email@example.com.
You can also find out all the latest news and updates on the Friends of Spital Cemetery Facebook page.